Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 15 on Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 8:55

Gallery

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
Tue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
Tue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

Retiring/Changing characters

cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Retiring/Changing characters

Post by cenobyte on Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 16:10

There will be times when, as a player, you want to play a different character. There may be IC reasons for wanting a new character (your character is being held unconscious in someone's trunk for months at a time; you've suffered a breakdown; you're utterly convinced every single Fallen in this city couldn't be trusted not to harm themselves with a plastic spoon, much less handle a battle against demons...say...). There may be OOC reasons for wanting a new character (after several months of playing your character, you come to realise you're just not motivated by the character anymore).

Regardless. There are times when a changeover is inevitable. There are no real mechanics presented in the sourcebook for this event, but my 'house rule' has always been that you get 1/2 of any Zeal you have at the time of your retirement to put toward a new character. The other options are: you get no Zeal to put toward a new character (which you don't like, and with good reason); or you get *all* your Zeal to put toward a new character (which I don't like). So the compromise is 1/2.

For those of you who approached me at the game and indicated you are interested in bringing in a new character, I will be emailing you the amount of Zeal you have to put toward your new characters. Unless the player base decides to turf any existing Zeal, in which case, you will get starting Zeal (plus anything else as they may decide).
    Keth
    Retired

Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Re: Retiring/Changing characters

Post by Keth on Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 16:22

question! is that half of the total earned zeal or half of whats remaing?

so if someone say had earned 10 and then spent 9 to bring body up to 3. Would that be 1(assuming rounding up) zeal carried over or 5 (10/2=5) carried over to the new character?
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by cenobyte on Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 17:08

Half of your *unspent* Zeal.

Good question.
    Rebecca O'Malley
    Retired

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Rebecca O'Malley on Fri 2 Jan 2009 - 15:23

Also, I can't help but thinking that when you are bringing a new character into the game, that's what it is. A NEW character. I really don't think it should be any different than a new person bringing a new character into the game, who would get absolutely no extra zeal at all. Really, I think that Jill is being awfully generous allowing any zeal at all to be carried over from one character to the next.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 20 Nov 2018 - 22:35