Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

Embodiments Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
Embodiments EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
Embodiments EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
Embodiments EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
Embodiments EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
Embodiments EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
Embodiments EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
Embodiments EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
Embodiments EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
Embodiments EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

Embodiments

Cole
    Cole

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2010-02-08

Embodiments Empty Embodiments

Post by Cole Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 0:24

For those of you who haven't noticed, Jill has added the character Embodiments to the character roster (Providence > General Discussion > Character Roster > Roster).

Thanks for adding them, Jill! This is a great resource for anyone with two or three True Voice. Great idea! That said, I just want to make sure that the newer players are on the same page about Embodiment, and in particular what it means when multiple Sins/Virtues are listed.

Every Fallen, Angel, and Devil has only one core Embodiment. It is that Virtue or Sin that determines the focus of the individuals – the filter through which they see the world and by which their actions are determined. The only time your core Embodiment changes is if your Path changes and you go from Virtue to Sin or Sin to Virtue; if that happens then the opposing Path becomes your core Embodiment.

When individuals purchase either Technique: Extra Embodiment or Technique: Opposed Path (Potent) they are not changing their Embodiment. What they have done is taken on aspects of another Sin or Virtue and incorporated them into the character. I like to think of it as the difference between a noun and an adjective. Your Embodiment is your noun, and the additional purchased Techniques give you Embodiment adjectives. For example, I’m about to play a Pride. I decided that as part of the character concept he should have an Envy Technique. The character is still a Pride, but he has a tendency toward acts of Envy more than any other Sin or Virtue except Pride. He is an envious Pride. He is not Pride/Envy.

One thing that I’ve found in previous games is that some people think that the amount of Techniques matters in Embodiment determination. They say that because they started as a Pride, but only took two levels of Pride Techniques while taking three levels of Envy Techniques, then they are more Envy than Pride. This is not the case. It wouldn’t matter if you took no Pride Techniques and all the Envy Techniques; if you chose to start as Pride you will always be Pride and never Envy, because Embodiments gained through Techniques can never overwhelm your core Embodiment. In fact, I can see it as quite plausible to want to have a character’s personality filter as a particular Virtue ::cough::Temperance::cough:: but have no attraction to the Techniques offered and so go to other Virtues for Techniques.

If someone asks your Embodiment, give them a one word answer. If they mention that they have Pure True Voice then give them that one word answer and follow it up by letting them know about the other lesser Embodiments they notice. (Lesser only in how they affect your character, of course, as no Embodiment is better than another... well, except maybe when talking to the Prideful. ::grin::)

Edit: I just thought of the one exception. If you are a Withering Embodiment then you are equal parts Sin and Virtue of the same Path. This would allow you to give a two word answer to the question of Embodiment.

Last edited by Cole on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 2:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Withering Embodiment, how could I forget you?)

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 14:34