Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

"Map" of the Fallen Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
"Map" of the Fallen EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
"Map" of the Fallen EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
"Map" of the Fallen EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
"Map" of the Fallen EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
"Map" of the Fallen EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
"Map" of the Fallen EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
"Map" of the Fallen EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
"Map" of the Fallen EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
"Map" of the Fallen EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

+7
Hack
Dorian Mason
Molior
Shamus
cenobyte
Murmur
Corral
11 posters

"Map" of the Fallen

Corral
    Corral

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

"Map" of the Fallen Empty "Map" of the Fallen

Post by Corral Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 11:43

Hi guys,

I've started making a little map for fun, visually charting the Fallen and their positions in the courts/convictions over time. (To get an idea what I mean, check out the LotR Narrative Chart from xkcd.)

If anyone would like to help me fill it out, that would be great, 'cause I don't think I can do it on my own. Some of it I could, but would take a lot of sifting through old posts - other stuff won't even be in old posts, but might be dated via somebody's personal mail somewhere.

Dates I already know (will fill in as people comment):

• The game started in Sept 2008
    • Marius was killed Feb 2009
    • The portal-to-heaven seems to have been June 2008
    • Arc was replaced by Tara in Feb 2010

Specific questions:

• In the first game, which positions were already in place, and which quickly filled? On the infernal side, I have Rada (King) and Jade (Regent) down for already filled, and I know that Malicia got appointed. I'm pretty sure Lockwood (King) and Marius (Regent) were both filled - and Molior was grey Rook at that point, correct? Leliel, I believe, started out as Prelate. Anyone else remember other positions?
    • When did Leliel disappear, and what was the order of the constant shuffling of Prelate after that?
    • When Arc became King (which was what, shortly after the Marius Incident?), what other shuffling occurred?
    • Who went into the Portal to Heaven, and what shuffling took place after?

If anybody can help with general questions or to fill in their own timeline for me, that would be awesome. I think it would be pretty neat to have this and I'll post it when I'm done.

Thanks!
    Murmur
    Murmur

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-08

"Map" of the Fallen Empty Re: "Map" of the Fallen

Post by Murmur Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 12:14

Arc was named King December 2008, before Marius was killed.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by cenobyte Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 12:38

corral wrote:
    In the first game, which positions were already in place, and which quickly filled? On the infernal side, I have Rada (King) and Jade (Regent) down for already filled, and I know that Malicia got appointed. I'm pretty sure Lockwood (King) and Marius (Regent) were both filled - and Molior was grey Rook at that point, correct? Leliel, I believe, started out as Prelate. Anyone else remember other positions?

Oliver was the original Black Bishop.
    Sophiel was the White Bishop.
    Molior was the Grey Rook of the White Court.

When did Leliel disappear, and what was the order of the constant shuffling of Prelate after that?

Leliel disappeared around November/December 2008, I think. Or very early in 2009.

When Arc became King (which was what, shortly after the Marius Incident?), what other shuffling occurred?

Rebecca became the Black Knight, I think. Jordan became the Black Bishop. Gabe became the Black Regent (eventually. I think there was some more shuffling in there).

Who went into the Portal to Heaven, and what shuffling took place after?
    Sophiel and Jade, I believe, went into the portal. Cat had become the White Bishop a few months earlier. Lockwood left, and Rebecca became the White King. Mihr was the White Rook. Love was the White Queen. Shamus was the White Knight.

That's how I recall things, but the shufflings of the court sometimes ekscaped my notation.
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 12:55

Arc was named King December 2008, before Marius was killed.
    Right. Rebecca was Knight prior to that, I think - she challenged him. Was she Knight right from the first game? I know when she became White King, but when did she become White? And am I crazy, or did she switch to the infernal again before she finally left?

Leliel disappeared around November/December 2008, I think. Or very early in 2009.
    I've been perusing the blog posts, and her body was found in November 2008 - if memory serves, she was absent for a long time before that. Adam got appointed Prelate in July 2008, so probably then... of course, she may have been accounted for during some of that time.

If I can find an easy way to transcribe this to the computer, I may post it before I'm done, so people can see where the big blank spots are.
    Murmur
    Murmur

Post by Murmur Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 14:06

Becca became Knight pretty quickly upon arrival, and yes, she did challenge Rada and appoint Arc as the new King. She stayed infernal for a while, but switched over to Divine in June of 2009, and remained there until she was deposed. At that point she fell to sloth, and claimed to be diestical until she left the city with Arc and Jordan.
    Murmur
    Murmur

Post by Murmur Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 14:48

You know what? On further reflection and after looking over some older, heartbreaking email scenes, I think Becca left the infernal and became divine in March of 2009, not June.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Post by cenobyte Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 15:34

Yes, that sounds right. She was Divine before Sophiel left.
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 15:35

Ah, that makes you Divine for a more suitable period of time before becoming King... Razz Do you know when she left the city (and Murmur arrived)?

I'm having a lot of fun with this, it's an interesting way to display some fascinating stories... can't wait until I have enough to share it.
    Murmur
    Murmur

Post by Murmur Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 15:39

Um. She left at the same time as Arc, Gabe, Jordan and Shay...the last game was January, I think? That's the one that Gabe died at, right?
    Murmur came along in February or March.
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 15:56

I have Arc leaving in February, from my PMs with him. Is that the same month Gabe died?

It's getting a little messy already and I have probably only a quarter of it filled in... hopefully it doesn't become unreadable.

"Map" of the Fallen Kc_cha10

There are a lot of blank spots on this that I have filled in on my paper copy, but with this software it's harder to show portions of lines, so I'll wait until I have more of each person's story to fill it out. (For example, I know what Jill just told me about who started out in each position; I know that Adam became prelate in July 2008, and Cat was bishop then; I know when Tabbris was Knight, and I know who's in the courts right now).

EDIT: Have a key:
    X Hollow or True Death (see whether the line ends or not)
    O Character gains a position (to reduce lines coming from "other")
    Black circle in white (oops, same as diamond)
    Diamond: Left the city
    Black circle: current
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Post by cenobyte Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 16:01

I love how The Sentinel gets his own box!

What a Face
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 16:02

Hee hee. Yeah, I need the date when he first announced that (probably in the census blog) and then when he gave it up - I have the date when he started calling himself that for the second time.

(PS. I added a key to my previous post.)
    Shamus
    Shamus

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post by Shamus Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 16:19

I believe Shamus came to the game in April 2009 and dethroned Rebecca in June. Hence he appointed Love as White Queen, Tim as White Knight, and Elleka as White Bishop. He also appointed Cat as Herald. And so it remained until around October (the second loft game) where he appointed Tyg as White (Grey) Rook. Then Shamus appointed Adam Nemo as White Bishop in the same month as he declared being Divine (March 2010 if I remember right).
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 16:27

Hm, June 2009 was when Lockwood left, I think; Rebecca was King for a while. From the blog I have the dethroning in November 2009, so unless you're sure I'll leave it as that. The rest.... excellllent. That fills in a lot of blanks.
    Shamus
    Shamus

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post by Shamus Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 16:30

I might be wrong on when i came into game. which would throw the rest off. I know that Rebecca was White King for 3 months after Shamus arrived.

Also, Friedrich was White Rook the month after Tim was Knighted. And remained so until he died when i replaced him with Tyg.
    Murmur
    Murmur

Post by Murmur Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 16:44

Oh God, Becca's line is going to need a few x's then. like...every two months or so. Smile
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 17:06

Jenn, if you feel like looking up all those dates, I'll gladly put them in. In the meantime, here are some random Xs for you. (Well, except the first one, which isn't random).

Filled in most of what Shamus has told me; notable exception being Adam who bounced around between prelate and not-prelate for a while, so I'm leaving him out for the moment.

"Map" of the Fallen Kc_cha11
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 0:10

Still going through blog posts. We started the game sooner than I thought; Arc became King sooner; filling in some people's lines (some partially - the x in a circle is a placeholder sort of thing):

"Map" of the Fallen Kc_cha11
    Molior
    Molior

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by Molior Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 17:29

Laura, you rock.

Currently the Black Bishop is Cassidy. Not sure when he was appointed. And, isn't Bal the Black Knight? I think so. Has another Black Rook been appointed lately? I don't remember there being one after Malicia became Queen.

I'm not sure why you note Cat as being 'current White Bishop' in June 2009.

Shay left with Rebecca and the others who left in February.

You should note Sophiel as leaving the city June 2009, when she stepped through the portal.

Cheriour transitioned from being White Knight to 'other White' either when Arc gave me my Knight's challenge or when I actually succeeded at it, so either Feb or Mar 2009. We're not sure exactly when he left the city, or if he was killed instead. I don't remember when exactly we last saw him - it might have been the August 2009 game. Jenn, you might remember that best - how much did Divine Rebecca see Cheriour?

Leliel failed to show up to the April 2009 Census, after being an absolute trainwreck at the February and March Censuses (Censii?). We found what we thought was her decayed remains just before the September game, and Hack confirmed that it was definitely her before the October game.

I Think we voted Eliel the Prelate of the Brood in July 2009, and then Adam when Eliel got attacked sometime (September I think), and then Eliel again when Adam decided he was Divine (sometime in the late winter/early spring 2010?). Yeah. Even the Brood can't keep track of who the shit the Prelate is.

Molior transitioned from being Grey Knight of the White Court to 'other Grey' when Shamus was appointed White Knight. I haven't actually been Prelate yet, I don't think.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Post by cenobyte Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 17:54

In June 2009, Cat *WAS* the White Bishop. Perhaps that's why she's marked as "Current White Bishop" in June 2009?
    Dorian Mason

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by Dorian Mason Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 18:28

Wow. I hadn't realized the Sentinel has been going for that long. I know I took the mantle back up the month after Gabe died.
    Murmur
    Murmur

Post by Murmur Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 20:43

I am fairly certain that Cheriour left before Rebecca became divine.
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 11:29

Tara appointed Cassidy, but I'm not sure when exactly Tara became Regent, and I really don't know when Bal became Knight so I'm waiting to put him in. And yeah, no Black Rook yet.

The black dot is sort of a way to represent either current or ending, ie Cat didn't leave the city or die, she just stopped being Bishop, so I used that.

I've got notes about Adam becoming Prelate July 2009, and Eliel November 2009, and Adam going from "other grey" to Divine Bishop January 2010, but I don't know where I got them. Maybe Dave and Rich can help enlighten here...

Dorian, how long did you stay Sentinel the first time?

Jenn, the blog mentions Cheriour as being "up" for Regent March of 2009, the same month I have you switching to Divine. Did you switch slightly later then? That may have been the last month he was seen around, but I know I found out he'd been "missing" three months after he disappeared, even though I'd been living with him. Well, Sacha can answer this one, because it was when he went away for three months.

"Map" of the Fallen Kc_cha12

Just FYI, I'd like to fill in people other than the court positions if I can (although probably not those who were only in the game for one or two months), but there's much more information about the courts, and I would need to get from everybody what date they came into the city.
    Corral
    Corral

Post by Corral Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 14:38

OK, just a little bit neater, with Bal and Eliel/Adam filled in with my guesses. If anyone sees any mistakes, let me know! And if you'd like to be on here, just tell me as much of your timeline as you can piece together. I am thinking that once I have everything pinned down, I may make a neater version by hand, so I'll have more room for everything on that.

"Map" of the Fallen Moz-screenshot"Map" of the Fallen Moz-screenshot-1"Map" of the Fallen Moz-screenshot-2"Map" of the Fallen Kc_cha14

PS. It seems to be cutting off the last few months unpredictably - if you'd like to see the the whole thing, click on it.
    Hack

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by Hack Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 15:44

... am I the only one in the game who has never held a title of some sort?!?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 20:04