Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

2 posters

Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power

cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power Empty Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power

Post by cenobyte Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 23:48

This has come up a couple of times, so I thought I'd put the answer here.

1. You cannot have more Secular Power than you have Mind Archetypes.
    2. You cannot have more Resources in any one area than your highest Archetype (so if your highest Archetype is 4, you cannot have more than 4 Resources in any one area).
    3. You can only manage as many Temporary Secular Power and Temporary Resources as half of your permanent Secular Power. I read this to be you can manage as many Temporary Secular Power as half of your Permanent Secular Power, and you can manage as many Temporary Resources as half of your permanent Secular Power. I do NOT read this as "you can manage as many (Temporary Secular Power + Temporary Resources) as half of your permanent Secular Power. In other words, it is 1/2SP = Max Temp SP AND 1/2SP = Max Temp Resources. So if you have 3 SP, you can have *up to* 2 Temp SP and *up to 2* Temp Resources. Resources = "max level in each type of resource" and not "max level in resources period".
    4. Temporary Secular Power does *not* help your Defense.
    5. You cannot gain more than 1 Temporary Secular Power or Resource at a time.
    6. If you assign only a Resource (ie. you don't put Effort towards your Investigate action, but choose to use only Spies), you may not use your Profession. The corollary of this is: You must devote at least 1 Effort to generate the benefits from Professions.

Last edited by cenobyte on Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 2:39; edited 1 time in total
    Eliel
    Eliel

Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power Empty Re: Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power

Post by Eliel Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 1:39

[*]You cannot have more Resources in any one area than your highest Archetype

I'd never noticed this one before. I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect me, but I'm curious why there was a need for this rule? It seems largely unnescesary.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power Empty Re: Termporary/Permanent Resources/Secular Power

Post by cenobyte Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 2:38

I suspect the reason for the rule is that you cannot have any one stat higher than your Archetype in that area; it makes sense to me that Resources, which can be purchased from any Archetype, are restricted in number to your highest Archetype.
    Eliel
    Eliel

Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by Eliel Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 11:41

Is there still a hard cap of 4 on temp resources regardless of perm temp sp or overseer. For example if someone has 8 permanent sp and an overseer (or 9 perm sp) could they have 5 temporary resources? Based on the above, I would think the answer would be yes, but there are no guidelines in the book as to the difficulty of the acquiring a 5th temp sp/resource.

I think this came up before but I can't remember the answer at the time.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Post by cenobyte Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 23:12

Yes, no.
    Which is to say, you cannot have more than 4 temporary resources in any category regardless of how much SP or how many Overseers you have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024 - 19:50