Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

True voice: animals Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
True voice: animals EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
True voice: animals EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
True voice: animals EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
True voice: animals EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
True voice: animals EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
True voice: animals EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
True voice: animals EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
True voice: animals EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
True voice: animals EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

5 posters

True voice: animals

Keth
    Keth
    Retired

Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

True voice: animals Empty True voice: animals

Post by Keth Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 23:39

Not 100% sure where this question should go, but in a way its rules related so im putting it here.

i was told that you can use true voice(or maybe it was some other feature of the fallen) to effectivly ask an animal to help, dogs to guard, birds to deliver a message.

Now to the question, is there any limit to what you can ask based on your rank? like can anyone of us ask a dove or other bird to deliver a message?

And the last part of the question, more for flavour, where doves beasically mean 'peace', are their any that are more hostile in nature for the delivering of a message? an invitation if you will to a confrontation. a raptor or crow perhaps?
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

True voice: animals Empty Re: True voice: animals

Post by cenobyte Tue 5 Aug 2008 - 10:00

Doves and sometimes pigeons are used to send messages among and between Fallen. There are restrictions for how this can be used. Messages of a threatening or aggressive nature simply will not be delivered in this fashion. Doves are messengers of peace, and will never deliver a message of violence. It is impossible for a Fallen to follow a messenger bird.

Any one of you can ask a dove to deliver a message, yes. However, some of the Infernal prefer to use, as I mentioned, pigeons. These birds are used primarily as messengers.

Animals understand only basic instinctual communication ("sit"; "stay"; "guard"), and communication with animals is not easy. As with most things in Kingdom Come, intention is paramount, so if you're attempting to train a dog to guard your house (something a human can also do easily) against *anyone* entering, that difficulty would probably be fairly low. If you're attempting to train a dog to guard your house against anyone Divine, you're going to have a problem.

There aren't really any animals that will deliver a message of a threatening nature; primarily because the intent and the message confuse the animal (they haven't a whole lot of intelligence, really), and on top of that, messenger animals take a few days to get to their target. Basically, if you're interested in sending a threatening message, postal mail is probably your best bet.

What a Face
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Retired

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2008-08-01

Post by Jordan Mon 9 Feb 2009 - 18:39

How are messages conveyed using birds/animals? Do fallen 'talk' or think their message to the bird and then when the animal is in the presence of the target, it will send the message through some sort of telepathetical transference? Or is it more mundane and they carry little ribbons of paper on their leg?
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Post by cenobyte Mon 9 Feb 2009 - 18:42

Hm.
    I've often wondered this myself.
    I like to think that for simple things, it's a kind of emotional/thought process. But for more complex things, the bird actually learns a bit of angelic song or carries a little piece of paper on its leg.
    I dunno.

Anyone else have ideas?
    Keth
    Keth
    Retired

Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by Keth Mon 9 Feb 2009 - 18:56

I have always thought that emotion on some level can be passed into whatever animal you are using based on relating it to a similar situation it might face. Like a frantic dove, you impart the feeling that a preditor is near its nest as how you feel and ask the dove to portray that with the message it carries.

And in how I have done doves so far, in my mind, its a combination of the symphony speaking through it, carrying a specifc part to the target, and slight telepathy to make sure the words get through reasonably clear.

*shrug* thats me..
    Arc
    Arc
    Retired

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

Post by Arc Mon 9 Feb 2009 - 19:45

I've always assumed Arc was sending written notes...doves are birdbrains that can't ever get the rhetoric right.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Post by cenobyte Mon 9 Feb 2009 - 19:56

A Dove from Arc wrote:*coo* *coo*...um...something-something...presumptuous to assume...uh...*coo*...something...do you know someone called "Bleriour"? *coo* You like worms? How about grubs? Oh. Right. Um. something-something righteousness of the Divine...something...uh....fortnight. You going to eat that?
    Eliel
    Eliel

Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by Eliel Mon 9 Feb 2009 - 22:15

I believe for anything other than the simplest message, the message itself is in the form of a note written in angelic script (no human can read under any circumstances because of the curse of Babel).

As for finding the target my understanding is that pigeons and most other animals must be given directions however doves have a special quality that lets the feel of a person's zeal be imprinted upon it allowing the dove to locate the domus of the person who matches the imprinting. Because you have to meet a person to sense their resonance in the symphony this homing ability only works for sending messages to someone you've previously met.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2009 - 22:37

Jill once more you have made my day, that quote was WONDERFUL! ^_^..also are you going to eat that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 1:58