Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

Technique use Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
Technique use EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
Technique use EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
Technique use EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
Technique use EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
Technique use EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
Technique use EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
Technique use EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
Technique use EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
Technique use EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

Technique use

cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Technique use Empty Technique use

Post by cenobyte Fri 25 Jun 2010 - 23:28

thought I'd make a quick post about technique use.

Many Techniques are considered "compelling", which is to say, their 'payload' is in compelling you to do something. Five of these Techniques carry with them the ability to cause Infected (Technique-related) Trauma (Enslave, Covet, Indulge, Despoil, and Approbation).

For example: Enslave. Enslave allows a Lustful Fallen to cause an emotional bond to form between the user and the target. It can also be used (with the expenditure of Devotion) to give a suggestion to the target (the target will great the user as a much-trusted friend). But that's not the coolest part of Enslave (she says, as if she plays a character with this Technique in Another Game). The coolest part of Enslave is that after it is successfully used on a target, the target must make a Soul challenge to see if they take Infected Trauma from the use of the Technique. The effects of the Trauma taken dictate how the target reacts to taking the trauma (assuming Trauma is taken; ie. the target fails the roll of Reactive Soul v. the user's Dynamic Soul).

Usually, Techniques that cause Infected Trauma describe what Symptoms a victim takes.
    If you successfully resist a Technique (by spending (Devotion+Trauma)), you will not be affected by Infected Trauma. HOWEVER. That doesn't mean you should try to resist a Technique simply because you don't want to take Infected Trauma (in fact, I'd consider that cheatery). I think being affected by a Technique presents many incredible roleplaying opportunities.

And for the people who've relented or who've been happy to experience this sort of thing, you know who you are! And I know who you are, too! Well. I know who *all* of you are...damnit. I've lost the thread of what i was trying to say.

Anyway. Two things:
    Some Techniques carry an additional 'payload' of causing Infected Trauma.
    Being affected by a Technique is fun (she says, as if having enjoyed being hit with Enslave and Indulge in the same night)!!!

Cheerio, pip-pip, and all that.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024 - 15:25