Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

Splitting the Room - Page 4 Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
Splitting the Room - Page 4 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

+7
Arc
Gabe
Edward
Keth
Love
Tabbris
cenobyte
11 posters

Splitting the Room

Gabe
    Gabe
    Retired

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2008-07-27

Splitting the Room - Page 4 Empty Re: Splitting the Room

Post by Gabe Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 23:48

I want to make clear that I in no way want people who are feeling left out to leave the game. I've been there from time to time but it's been only for one game or so at a time and not the whole chronicle. If this is a chronic problem for some of our players then it definitely needs to be addressed.

I want all playes to have fun at the games and be involved. If I can help them do so then I'm perfectly willing to give it a try. I think that feeling left out leads to boredom and a loss of interest in the game. I glad people talked to the storyteller about this, even if I personally would have preferred that they talk to other players or characters. I don't see why one character can't say to the next that they just don't feel very involved with or connected to the city. And yes, I would have to be told in or out of character. When I'm in character I usually land up being fairly busy the entire night with things inconsequential or not. If someone isn't being involved, I very likely wouldn't notice it unless I was hit in the face with it. I also rarely ask because you can coerce people the other way too and get them more involved than they are truly willing to commit to being. It's always one of my concerns with out of town players (like myself) holding Court positions. There is a fine line there and I'd rather not cross it.

I think you brought the physical game space up in hope of finding a solution to the problem by altering the where in which we play, Jill. I hate to tell you this, although I doubt it's a surprise, but I'm sure that if I was of the mind, and sometimes even if I wasn't, I could make a person feel left out even if we shared the same couch. I really think the solution lies more in getting characters to have a reason for increased interaction rather than forcing them into closer physical proximity.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by cenobyte Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 23:55

I disagree to a certain extent, but it's not necessarily for me to agree or to disagree.

I think if players (especially new players or new characters) can see more character-character interaction, it might help? I don't know.

There are still plenty of things to try by way of decor and atmosphere that may or may not help, but which will certainly not hinder.

Also, I don't believe you about tasering, John. I think tasers should be for everyone. Tasers for all and equal rights for everyone!
    Arc
    Arc
    Retired

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

Post by Arc Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 23:58

I would like one request in terms of stuff tried out for the room. If there is music, can the volume be quite low? A night of people trying to talk over people trying to talk over music is about as bad for me as it being thirty degrees celsius in the room.
    Rebecca O'Malley
    Rebecca O'Malley
    Retired

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Rebecca O'Malley Fri 31 Jul 2009 - 0:01

I like the idea of music in the room, but I am already quite deaf. I have a hard time hearing people already (John) a lot of the time, I'm a little worried if there is background noise I'll spend the whole night nodding and smiling and not understanding a word anyone says to me.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by cenobyte Fri 31 Jul 2009 - 0:04

I was thinking of music and lighting, yes.
    Considering some folks didn't know it's more common than uncommon for me to play music at games, I think the volume level can be managed.
    Corral
    Corral

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Corral Fri 31 Jul 2009 - 13:11

I just wanted to say that I agree about the music: music is good, sure, but please keep it low. (I am very bad at distinguishing different sounds, and having conversations in noisy rooms is nearly impossible for me).

Lights. If we turn off the main lights, I would greatly prefer the alternate lighting that Jill offered. (My main reason for this is that Malicia doesn't wear glasses, a fact that I like to disguise with sunglasses, which are difficult to wear in a dark room.)

I think it's true that people should be keeping themselves interested and that sectioning off the main room will just recreate the same problems in a smaller space, but I don't really see that it hurts to try to leave the room slightly less often. I know I am guilty of being away a lot, as Malicia likes to be alone, but I can make an effort to do it less. I am however very curious as to the reasoning of the people who want less "splitting" though. There hasn't been a lot of discussion from them. I want to hear their opinions, why they have those opinions, and whether any opinions have changed through the course of this conversation. (If you must do it through Jill, that's okay, but I'd love to hear it right from you). Because although I have been a victim to the Primogen Council thingy, I think it's happening a whole lot less in this game, and Gabe makes a lot of valid points. I am willing and able to modify my own behaviour to stay in the room more often, but I'd prefer to understand why. Smile

"I think More Seating (rather than less), More Mood, and More Fans will all help." -- Jill

Hear, hear.

EDIT: Yes, the current volume of music is probably sufficiently low, since I also didn't notice any music except during the portal-to-heaven game. Just needed to add my voice to the keep-it-low chorus. Thanks.
    Tabbris
    Tabbris
    Retired

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-06-16

Post by Tabbris Fri 31 Jul 2009 - 14:00

I think the one thing that everyone is forgetting is that we (the people who have one and also a car to bring it in) could always bring a fan with them. We have done this in the past and it really helps keep everyone together in a hot room as it doesn't feel that hot when the wind is blowing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 15:56