Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

Ultimate Hunting Party Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
Ultimate Hunting Party EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

+4
Tyg
Shamus
Arc
Love
8 posters

Ultimate Hunting Party

Love
    Love
    Retired

Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Ultimate Hunting Party Empty Ultimate Hunting Party

Post by Love Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 12:22

I thought I should create this topic to help organize the hunt, since we have a short amount of time between now and the time that Jill needs to have our turns in as the next game is so close. This is for those that will be a part of the hunting party that will be after the Angel/Devil/Envy Creature/What ever the hell it is. As far as I know, Arc will be the highest in the hierarchy on the battlefield, then me, and then the knight(s). If you want to be a part of the hunt, please respond to this topic and we will try to figure out what it will boil down to downtime actions wise.

What would people suggest? A giant group Hunt? I would suggest that if people are getting down with that we should really throw a lot of Secular Power and Effort into this as to assure people get a good amount of Marks for the pool.
    Arc
    Arc
    Retired

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

Ultimate Hunting Party Empty Re: Ultimate Hunting Party

Post by Arc Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 14:17

Firstly, thanks for getting this started.
    Although not everyone agrees with me on the format that this is going to take I believe that the best accomodation we can make both in terms of success and addressing other issues we should tackle the problem this way:

1) Declare yourself as Team One or Team Two.

2) Team One undertakes to a) Group Hunt - The angel(s) that may be in the city; b) Group Patrol - protecting Dorian, Jordan, and Tim just in case something comes after them. Each action should have a minimum of at least one for sure mark placed towards them. The more marks the better though. If people are following Arc's lead then be sure to list yourself as Cautious Effort since the uppity king frowns on Reckless actions.

3) Team Two undertakes to a) Group Hunt - The angel(s) that may be in the city; b) whatever else they want to do. Dorian, Jordan and Tim fall in this category since they can't really patrol themselves, but they could (just a suggestion) research or hide or do other wacky stuff. Again, at least one mark towards the hunt is pretty much a requirement.

The idea here is that this plan covers as many bases as we can with limited time and allows us to act both defensively and aggressively depending on whatever our enemies have planned. If people aren't wanting to be in the Hunt or Patrol but do want to help, they can Aid. I would request that the priority for the Aid actions be to the Hunt rather than the Patrol. Also, feel free to partake in either just the Hunt or the Patrol as you wish.
    Love
    Love
    Retired

Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post by Love Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 16:36

I will then be with the Hunt action as the Queen's Sovereignty is going to be handy for an offensive position if we do manage to find this bad boy. I'm not sure if splitting my action or focusing a lot of marks towards just the Hunt would be better. I think this is a big enough threat to the city that I'm going to ask (request, demand) all Divine that are battle-capable (or even those that would like to help out and hang back from the front like) are involved in either the Hunt or Patrol. I think the King will second this, if she doesn't, thats fine. We just really need your help.
    Shamus
    Shamus

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post by Shamus Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 17:08

I for one will be dedicating ALL of my endeavors to the group hunt. I agree with Love that it is important enough that it requires as much attention as possible. I will be submitting my endeavors in the next couple days.
    Tyg
    Tyg

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-04-20

Post by Tyg Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 10:13

Tim and Tyg will both be involved.
    As per Arc's post though, I'm not sure how we'd quite fit in. We havn't declared for any particular any particular leaning yet, but we're both antsy for some action. Tim wants some action. Tyg wants Tim to NOT have any additional holes in his body that don't need to be there.
    And naturally, we'll need some OOC coaching into how we're spending endeavors, etc to assist the hunting parties.
    Shamus
    Shamus

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post by Shamus Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 11:42

Tyg, there is a forum thread about the format Jill wants for submitting Endeavors. Glad to have the both of you aboard, and being declared for either of the courts is irrelevant for this hunt as you will be following the battlefield's chain of command (King, then Queen, etc.) If you aren't exactly sure how to work the endeavors, PM Cenobyte or even feel free to pop over by my place and i can give you an explanation. might be better from Jill though since i am, myself, fairly new to the game.
    Molior
    Molior

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by Molior Fri 9 Oct 2009 - 0:49

A question and a comment.

First, I'm not entirely sure that a Protect on multiple people would work. If Jill says it does, great, but I kinda thought that we'd have to protect our merry trio individually, even if we did Group Protects for each. Thus, 3 Protects and 1 Hunt, rather than 1 Protect and 1 Hunt.

Secondly, Molior is organizing the Protect-ion for Dorian. If anyone wants to help him, great. If he can Protect all 3, double great!
    Molior
    Molior

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-06-26

Post by Molior Fri 9 Oct 2009 - 0:49

I'd be more than willing to give you rules help, Larry. My book got eaten by Jill's house, but I should have it back shortly, and I can remember most of it. And what can I say - I loves me some rules.
    Tyg
    Tyg

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-04-20

Post by Tyg Fri 9 Oct 2009 - 9:20

Much appreciated mang. I didn't know we could buy a copy so I'm patiently waiting for the opportunity to do so Smile
    Arc
    Arc
    Retired

Post by Arc Fri 9 Oct 2009 - 12:09

My understanding from the write-up on Protect, Patrol and Investigate/Research actions is that the logistics don't much matter so long as you define what you are protecting/investigating in some way. Theoretically, as broadly as my out of date BRB puts it, I could do a single "Patrol all fallen in the city" with my turn. Of course, that might just drive Jill batty if there are several hunts going on that month.

I will await to hear from Jill on this before submitting my turn.
    Corral
    Corral

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Corral Sat 10 Oct 2009 - 17:59

Okay, correct me if this is wrong, but the action I'm submitting is "Group Hunt against the Envy Creature led by Arc (cautious)".

I am also putting forth a small investigate action on the "feather situation" in case the group hunt fails... I don't have a lot of faith in group actions and besides, most of my skills and resources can be used for Investigates but not Hunts. I figure that's the best wording to avoid getting misinformation. (ie, I don't want to assume that the Envy creature has anything to do with the feathers).

I can't really guarantee a mark because I need to use my secular power on a healing roll or else I'm'a go crazy again very soon. But I am putting 6 effort into it so it ought to get at least one.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Retired

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2008-08-01

Post by Jordan Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 11:08

There has been no proof that the Angel and the Envy creature are the same entity. I understand from his initial post that Arc plans to Hunt the Angel.
    Corral
    Corral

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2008-06-25

Post by Corral Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 11:20

I know there isn't, but I thought (I don't remember why) that we were looking for the Envy creature. Well, just let me know for sure and I will change that.

Or perhaps I can just say "Group Hunt led by Arc" and Arc himself can specify.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by cenobyte Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 16:38

You cannot do a Group Action: Protect (target). Group Actions may only be taken on actions which have Opposed Challenges; since Protect is an action that does not carry an Oppose Challenge, it may not be done as a Group Action.

If your question is, can you select a group of people as a target for a Protect action that you take individually, the answer is yes. But. Or rather, And. Protect adds to the Defense of the Target. So your Protect action is only going to be effective if your group, as a whole, is targeted, as a whole.

Which is to say, if you do this:
    Action: Protect (Group) All Fallen in the City

The end result is that you will add to the defense of that group *as a whole*, not necessarily individually. I think. So that if someone else comes along and does this:
    Hunt Fallen

Your Protect action will add to the Defense of the group *as a whole*, but not *necessarily* to every individual within that group. I think.

I'm willing to discuss this *privately* (ie - email me at c3n0byte at gmail dot com).
    Arc
    Arc
    Retired

Post by Arc Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 11:17

The actual action is listed as Group Action: Patrol Dorian, Jordan, Tim. The "in character intent" is to provide protection should something actually accost these three; the "ooc mechanic" is to Patrol since I want us present at any scene we can intercept.

I assume from what is stated above since Patrol does have an opposed roll that it can be undertaken.
    cenobyte
    cenobyte
    Admin

Number of posts : 860
    Location : She is overfond of books, and it hath addled her brain.
    Registration date : 2008-06-24

Post by cenobyte Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 14:25

I assume from what is stated above since Patrol does have an opposed roll that it can be undertaken.

I assume you mean "...it can be undertaken as a Group Action", and the answer is yes, Patrol can be done as a Group Action.

I wonder about choosing to Patrol three targets as one "collective". I wonder if that's an issue. I don't *think* it is, since Patrol is an action designed to interrupt another action (the target of the initial action should be inconsequential). Thoughts?

[X-posted to 'rules discussion']

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 4:07