Providence

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Providence

Providence is a LARP game using Trent Yacuk's Kingdom Come system. It is a game of Fallen Angels and their struggle to survive against the forces of Heaven and Hell and some things in between.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 163 on Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Gallery

Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 Empty

Blog Posts

Latest topics

» Shutting down the Forums
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:47 by cenobyte

» Magic Creation-Zeal Table
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:28 by cenobyte

» Houses of the Blooded in Regina, August 28th
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 15:02 by Bal

» The Sentinel's journal
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:13 by Dorian Mason

» Character backgrounds
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2010 - 12:19 by Corral

» The dreams of Edward
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 0:32 by Edward

» Some of Eliel's secrets
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 17:35 by Corral

» Question/June Game
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 22:51 by cenobyte

» "Map" of the Fallen
Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 14:17 by Molior

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 3440 messages in 394 subjects

We have 47 registered users

The newest registered user is Cyurus

+2
Eliel
cenobyte
6 posters

Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal")

Eliel
    Eliel

Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 Empty Re: Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal")

Post by Eliel Sun 1 Feb 2009 - 22:59

the other LARP in play in the city gives your full accumulated character points (spent or unspent) to you when you start a new character.

One of the other LARPs does that. My understanding is the other gives none.
    Marius
    Dead

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal") - Page 2 Empty Re: Zeal (otherwise known as XP...was "Devoted Zeal")

Post by Marius Mon 2 Feb 2009 - 0:41

Eliel wrote:
    the other LARP in play in the city gives your full accumulated character points (spent or unspent) to you when you start a new character.

One of the other LARPs does that. My understanding is the other gives none.

I stand corrected. I hear so little about them, I tend to forget they exist.

Regardless of the accuracy of my stats, the point is that this decision should be made on the basis of the needs of and effects on the game, not inherited wisdom from other sources. If nothing else, there is a great deal of contradictory information from those other sources, unless you bias in favour of one system or another.
    Eliel
    Eliel

Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by Eliel Mon 2 Feb 2009 - 1:14

I agree with you that any game should do what's in it's own best interest. Using the experiences of others often helps with figuring out what that is. I think Jill's point is valid and that the compromise she had settled on was a good one.

If she changes that in the future, looking at what other games do and why they do it, may give a framework for reaching that decision.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 18:38